MakerSpace Digital Badges
RAPID PROTOTYPING & FABRICATION
The Rapid Prototyping and Fabrication badge is awarded to NYU Affiliates who complete a series of design thinking and technical workshops and machine training sessions. Recipients will learn to pair the design thinking process with cycles of rapid prototyping. They’ll gain hands-on experience with leading design software and receive machine training that through iteration will allow them to turn their prototypes into a finished project.
Design and Innovation Studio (Rapid Prototyping required + minimum 1 more):
Technical/Creative Workshops (minimum 1):
Trainings (minimum 2):
How do I get a badge?
To begin the badging process, choose which workshops and trainings you would like to attend from the list above. To sign up for a workshop, visit our Events Page. To sign up for a training, visit our Training and Reservations Page.
- Learn: Complete the required number of workshops and trainings listed under each badge based on your interests.
- Claim: Once you have completed the requirements for the desired badge, fill out and submit the Completed Badge Application.
- Approve: Our team will review your application and determine whether you are eligible to receive the badge.
- Share: Once approved, we will send you a digital certification package that includes everything you need to share your achievement and new skills including the badge icon and text for your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn.
- Certify: To validate your certification and ensure compliance with our badging procedure, successful badge recipients will have their name displayed below in our 'Certified Badge Holders' section as well as on each page for the badge they have received.
Badging Rules & Expectations
- Claiming Badges: You have one full school year (i.e. Fall 2020 - Spring 2021) to claim a badge.
- Workshops: To qualify for a desired badge, you must have attended the required workshops during the current school year (i.e. Fall 2020 - Spring 2021).
- Trainings: MakerSpace machine trainings are valid for 4 years.
- Not Interchangeable: Workshops and trainings are not interchangeable. You must attend a different set of trainings and workshops for each badge (i.e. if you attended Intro to Illustrator and used it to claim the Product Design badge, you cannot also use it towards Digital Design. You must attend another workshop. Same goes for machine trainings).