The Ultimakers are consumer grade FDM style 3D printers. They use a solid plastic filament as their material and build models by melting the filament and depositing it onto the bed of the machine layer by layer. This type of 3D printing excels at creating high strength hard plastic models relatively quickly, however finished products will often show distinct layer lines. Other types of material are possible however are usually more difficult to use.
- Accepted file formats are .stl and .obj
- Users are only allowed to print on one Ultimaker at a time.
- In accordance with NYU guidelines, users may not use the machines in the Makerspace to create weapons or drug/smoking paraphernalia of any kind.
- Continued misuse of the machines may result in revoked access to the MakerSpace.
- Left or right nozzle:
- 215 x 215 x 200 mm
- (8.5 x 8.5 x 7.9 inches)
- Dual extrusion:
- 197 x 215 x 200 mm
- (7.8 x 8.5 x 7.9 inches)
- 0.40 mm nozzle
- 200 to 20 micron
- (0.20 mm to 0.02 mm)
- PLA (polylactic acid, biodegradable thermoplastic)
- TPU (thermoplastic urethane, on specific printer)
- PVA (polyvinyl alcohol, on specific printer)