Tell me more
Who It's For
This program is for students who are passionate about building new products and have an idea for an innovative hardware or software technology.
- Funds must be used for tools and materials to build the prototype (not to pay someone else to build it for you)
- All NYU students (undergrad and grad) are eligible to apply
- Teams will be given preference (individual applicants will be considered)
- Multi-school collaborations will be given preference
- All teams must have at least one NYU student, but may also include members from outside the University as well
How To Participate
- Awards will be granted twice per year (Fall and Spring semesters).
- ~8 – 12 teams will receive awards each semester
- Applicants can apply for up to $500 in prototyping funds for the first phase and up to $2000 for the second phase.
- All funds will be distributed as a reimbursement for your expenses (when you provide a receipt)
Resources and Events
Awarded teams have access to:
Workshops: Two workshops focused on best practices in prototyping led by industry experts.
Equipment: Teams will be given access to key partners who can provide access to equipment and tools
Showcase: All funded projects will participate in an event at the end of the semester to showcase your prototypes to the NYU community
Key Dates, Spring 2021:
Applications Due: Friday, February 19 at 5 pm
Mandatory Workshop 1: Friday, March 5 (2-3:30 pm) *Virtual
Mandatory Workshop 2: Friday, April 9 (2-4 pm) *Virtual
Final Showcase: Thursday, May 6 (4-5 pm) *Virtual