MakerSpace Digital Badges
The Design Thinking badge is awarded to NYU Affiliates who complete a series of interactive, hands-on workshops that provide them with an understanding of and experience with the Design Thinking process. Through expert professional-led workshops on design research, ideation, rapid prototyping, user testing, and storytelling, recipients will develop a human centered design approach to creating innovative work in any field.
Design and Innovation Studio (all required):
Design Thinking Exercise:
Please choose one of the three creative prompts below and submit a design, along with a short paragraph explaining your design thinking process to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Design thinking Exercise - NetID - Name.
How do I get this badge?
To begin the badging process, attend the required workshops above. To sign up for a workshop, visit our Events Page. After attending, select one of the Design Thinking Exercise - Creative Prompts and submit your design.
- Learn: Complete the required workshops and design thinking exercise listed under this badge.
- Claim: Once you have completed the requirements for the desired badge, fill out and submit the Completed Badge Application.
- Approve: Our team will review your application and determine whether you are eligible to receive the badge.
- Share: Once approved, we will send you a digital certification package that includes everything you need to share your achievement and new skills including the badge icon and text for your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn.
- Certify: To validate your certification and ensure compliance with our badging procedure, successful badge recipients will have their name displayed below in our 'Certified Badge Holders' section as well as on each page for the badge they have received.
Badging Rules & Expectations
- Claiming Badges: You have one full school year (i.e. Fall 2021 - Spring 2022) to claim a badge.
- Workshops: To qualify for a desired badge, you must have attended the required workshops during the current school year (i.e. Fall 2020 - Spring 2021).
- Trainings: MakerSpace machine trainings are valid for 4 years.
- Not Interchangeable: Workshops and trainings are not interchangeable. You must attend a different set of trainings and workshops for each badge (i.e. if you attended Intro to Illustrator and used it to claim the Product Design badge, you cannot also use it towards Digital Design. You must attend another workshop. Same goes for machine trainings).
Certified Digital Craft Badge Holders