Universal Laser Cutter
Universal Laser Cutter Information
The Universal ILS12.75 is used to cut and engrave a variety of materials larger than those suitable for the Epilog laser cutters. Ask a MakerSpace staff member if you are unsure which laser cutter is suitable for your project.
- MakerSpace Orientation and Laser Training are required to use the Universal.
- Visit our Training Page to learn more.
- If unsure, ask a MakerSpace staff member to go over the hardware and file setup differences.
- The laser cutter must be watched at all times during operation.
- Materials must be approved by staff before cutting.
- Use Manual Focus.
The laser works through a print driver, so files can be designed in many different software. Adobe Illustrator is the preferred option, and it is available on MakerSpace computers.
- 48" x 24"
- (1219 x 610 mm)
- Maximum cutting thickness: 1/4" (6.35mm)
- Maximum engraving thickness: 12"
- Use the Materials Library in the print driver for a list of approved materials, and their cut and engraving settings.
- If these settings don't work, ask a staff member to check the laser.
- You may bring your own materials to cut, but they must be approved by staff, even if it is in the Materials Library.
- Acrylic and birch plywood are available for purchase in the MakerSpace.