Soldering Bench Information
Soldering is the process of melting and cooling solder to make a mechanical and electrical connection between metals or other conductive components.
- MakerSpace Orientation is required before using any tool in the MakerSpace, but no additional training is required to use the soldering stations.
- Visit our Training Page to learn about our MakerSpace Orientation.
- If this is your first time soldering, ask a staff member to get some tips and help setting up.
- Soldering tips should always be cleaned and a bead of solder left on them after use. This prevents corrosion, which will ruin the solder tips.
- Always wet the sponge.
- Safety glasses are required when soldering.