Objet 30 Pro
Objet 30 Pro Information
- The Objet30 Pro is a specialized Polyjet style 3D printer.
- Similar to an inkjet printer, the print head jets microscopic layers of liquid photopolymer onto a build tray and instantly cures them with UV light. The fine layers build up to create a 3D part.
- This style of printing results in extraordinarily thin layers and very precise details, however, the prints are often not as mechanically strong as FDM prints.
- This type of printing also allows for fully watertight prints that will not allow leakage through the walls.
- MakerSpace Orientation and Objet 30 Training are required to use this machine.
- Payment must be made before printing can begin.
- Prints must be set to gloss, or additional charges will apply.
- MakerSpace staff manages material, maintenance, and part removal.
- After the print is removed, soft support material will need to be removed manually, or via a pressurized water cleaning station.
- In accordance with NYU guidelines, users may not use the machines in the Makerspace to create weapons or drug/smoking paraphernalia of any kind.
- Continued misuse of the machines may result in revoked access to the MakerSpace.
- Prints will NOT be kept longer than 4 weeks.
Objet Studio Software is available on the PC next to the machine.
- 294 x 192 x 148.6 mm
- (11.57 x 7.55 x 5.85 in.)
- 28 microns
- (0.0011 in.)
- Model: $0.18/g
- Support: $0.06/g