Build new skills and show off your achievements!
Acquire new skills and display your achievements with a badge from the NYU MakerSpace. Badges can help you learn specific competencies and skills that will not only help you with your school or personal projects, but can also be a powerful asset on your resume and portfolio. Our badges give you the opportunity to gain an understanding of leading softwares and hardware, get hands-on experience with machines and tools, and learn first hand from industry professionals how to work through the design thinking process from concept to finished product.
Click on a Badge to Learn More:
How do I get a badge?
Click on the badges above to learn more about the badge and the workshop and training requirements. On each badging page, you will find a list of corresponding workshops and trainings that must be fulfilled for your individual badge.
- Learn: Complete the required number of workshops and trainings listed under each badge based on your interests.
- Claim: Once you have completed the requirements for the desired badge, fill out and submit the Completed Badge Application.
- Approve: Our team will review your application and determine whether you are eligible to receive the badge.
- Share: Once approved, we will send you a digital certification package that includes everything you need to share your achievement and new skills including the badge icon and text for your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn.
- Certify: To validate your certification and ensure compliance with our badging procedure, successful badge recipients will have their name displayed below in our 'Certified Badge Holders' section as well as on each page for the badge they have received.
Badging Rules & Expectations
- Claiming Badges: You have one full school year (i.e. Fall 2021 - Spring 2022) to claim a badge.
- Workshops: To qualify for a desired badge, you must have attended the required workshops during the current school year (i.e. Fall 2021 - Spring 2022).
- Trainings: MakerSpace machine trainings are valid for 4 years.
- Not Interchangeable: Workshops and trainings are not interchangeable. You must attend a different set of trainings and workshops for each badge (i.e. if you attended Intro to Illustrator and used it to claim the Product Design badge, you cannot also use it towards Digital Design. You must attend another workshop. Same goes for machine trainings).
MakerSpace Certified Badge Holders